Maximo Spatial Asset Management
Dynamically visualise asset relationships with geographic information system technology.
IBM Maximo® Spatial Asset Management provides users with the visibility to see complex GIS information. This solution provides a geospatial context of work, assets and relevant land-based features, which improves reliability, longevity and efficient work execution.
- Seamless user experience provides access to dynamic GIS functionality, instead of simply viewing a static map.
- Aligns with the specific business needs and improves work planning and analysis while eliminating the need for data duplication.
- Leveraging GIS functionality inside Maximo® creates efficiencies in business processes and improves communication.
- Allows organisation to take advantage of data that is not maintained in their GIS systems, but provides valuable insights for decision making. •New features enhance performance, usability and security.
- Industry specific capabilities for electric, gas and water transmission and distribution.
- Rational consolidation
- Internet architecture
- Spatial Enablement
- Built on Maximo, provides industry specific capabilities to support compatible unit estimating (CUE), crew management, tracking of labor skills and certifications, integration with fixed asset accounting, mobile workforce management, design tools and spatial (GIS) enablement.
- Allows utilities to consolidate multiple work and asset management solutions across business units, including transmission, distribution, power generation, water/wastewater treatment, vehicle fleet, facilities, and IT assets into a single platform and database.
- Provides a standards based, Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) certified platform that is Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) enabled.
- Supports visualisation of assets, locations and work orders, leverages investment in GIS.
- Aligns with the specific business needs and provides a greater fit out-of-the-box into the complex utility eco-system.
- Lowers total cost of ownership for IT departments while providing a common platform for all asset management users promoting best practice throughout the enterprise.
- Open architecture that integrates easily with other business applications in the enterprise
- Improves work planning and analysis while reducing data duplication. IBM Maximo for Utilities offers integrated work and asset management for transmission and distribution including compatible unit estimating (CUE), crew management, meter management and GIS integration.