Industry Solutions for Oil & Gas
IBM Maximo for Oil & Gas helps manage production equipment, facilities, transportation and IT assets on one single platform.
IBM Maximo for Oil & Gas provides oil & gas companies with best practices to help improve the productivity and efficiency of their critical assets.
- Manages assets with a single approach.
- Manages each asset’s life cycle including acquisition, work management, inventory control, purchasing, and preventive maintenance.
- Addresses the specialised needs of the oil & gas industry such as – failure codes, asset specifications, location details, prioritisation matrix, regulatory compliance, and condition for work.
- Built on J2EE component-based Internet architecture, it easily integrates into most existing business systems.
- Failure Codes
- Asset Specifications
- Location Details
- Prioritisation Matrix
- Regulatory Compliance
- Condition for Work
- Defect reporting
- Incidents reporting
- Improvements reporting
- Benefits & Losses
- Ability to import standard failure code data based on ISO 14224: Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries directly into the Maximo table structure for Failure Class and Failure List. The failure class, problem cause and remedy for Oil & Gas assets are represented by this data.
- Ability to import standard asset specification data based on ISO 14224 into the Maximo table structure.
- Provides insight on such asset characteristics as the true physical location, engineering reference numbers & drawing ID’s, safety zones, permitting requirements, etc.
- A matrix based system of work or risk prioritisation.
- Provides the ability to hold details of regulations relevant to work carried out in Maximo, and relate these regulations to both work planned in Maximo and actual work carried out.
- Provides guidance as to when work can be completed on an asset, group of assets, or even an area or location within a plant site.
- Documents an asset that deviates from perfect operation.
- Documents a deviation from an expected standard of operation.
- Documents actual costs and benefits of implementing improvements to an existing business process or plant configuration.
- Addresses an unresolved incident or defect, to record lessons learned from an After Action Review, or to record the results of Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Creates and manages predefined responses to problems and lessons learned from an After Action Review.
- Defines benefits that can be associated with Improvements and Solutions.
- Reduces the time to gather and load failure classes, problems, causes and remedies.
- Reduces the time to create this data from scratch. Once loaded, the follow-on value is the ability to classify all assets within Maximo for purposes of certification, licensing, trend analysis, equipment standardisation, etc.
- Oil & Gas customers add a number of additional fields to Locations to support a variety of different purposes, including physical location, taxonomy, operating context and reliability related data.
- Customers need to evaluate whether work needs to be carried out within say 1 hour, 24 hours, 3 days, 1 week, etc. based on preset criteria. Prioritisation matrix ensures that critical assets are given priority maintenance; thus, removing the emotion out of critical decisions.
- The customer is provided documented proof that work carried out in Maximo was completed based on the required regulation. Also provides the ability to demonstrate compliance with many statutory requirements covering safety, health and the environment.
- By defining the Condition for Work (CfW), this criterion could be used by maintenance planners to aggregate similar work based on CfW or recognise work that could be done given a CfW opportunity that arises during plant operations.
- Drives enhanced maintenance and operational performance.
- Improves process safety management.
- Drives continuous improvement.
- Improves process safety management and serves as a mechanism for initiating the recording of lessons learned by an organisation.
- Supports organizational learning.
- Drives improvements in plant availability.