iGaming Licence Application
According to Malta Internet Gambling laws, license of any class is issued for five years and could be renewed thereafter for the same periods. The obligatory requirements in Malta Online Gambling Regulation is to locate physically in the country the significant part of the online betting or gaming operations.
To provide Internet betting/gaming services in Malta one should apply for a license of the relevant class :
- Class 1 covers casino-type games, skill games and online lotteries and is for operators responsible for the risk on repetitive games;
- Class 2 comprises fixed odds betting, pool betting and spread betting and is for
operators responsible for the risk on events based on a matchbook;
- Class 3 includes P2P, poker network, betting exchange and game portals and is for
operators taking a commission from promoting and/or betting games;
- Class 4 permits to host and manage remote gaming operators excluding the licencee himself and is for software vendors.
For a person to be engaged in online gaming in Malta you must be licensed by the LGA (Lotteries and Gaming Authority) www.lga.org.mt. The qualification is as follows:
- Be fit and proper – have no criminal convictions
- Have a limited liability company registered in Malta
- Be able to prove the limited company in Malta has sufficient reserves for payment of player winnings and deposits are ensured.
- Have a key official based in Malta – Every license must have a director of the company be resident in Malta that ensures the its due diligence of the organisation is effectively carried out.
- Present a working business plan for your igaming company
At Euro Consulting, our team of Advisors can guide you through this very complicated process, our iGaming business team have years of experience ensuring that all applications have a 100% Success rate. Working closely with the LGA (Lotteries and Gaming Authority) our business advisors can ensure a professional, quality service, a reliable partnership to ensure your investment is taken seriously. At Euro Consulting EMEA we can provide advisory services along every step of the process. Let build your business plan for the future by working with our igaming - expert services team based locally in Malta.
If for whatever reason as a licence is declined Euro Consulting can provide you with the best White Label services in the industry. Please see our white label services for more information.